02 February 2015

exchange #5

I had some trouble last month staying under budget, but I think that's excusable because the first month did have some start up expenses. Bedsheets, pillows, detergent, bike... etc

So I've discovered a new place to do my grocery shopping! It's a store called Lidl. It's almost exactly the same as Aldi back home. And the best part is that it's cheap. Unfortunately it doesn't have a wide variety of things, but another store called Willy's is good for the rest. It's also quite cheap.

What I'm trying to figure out now is how to cook for one... It's kind of awkward because if I cook too much I have a billion meals but if i cook to little it seems inefficient. Any tips? Lately I've been cooking enough to last me 2 meals, which doesn't feel like enough.

I bought a whole chicken the other day from Lidl, portioned it and froze the pieces for meals later on, thought that was pretty clever of me.

In the meantime, check out some pics from the last week. Oh boy, Scandinavian landscapes- breathtaking.

Copenhagen- Osterport Station

Town protected by a moat! (I think thats what they're called)

Ferry wharf at Oslo

Leaving the Oslo Fjord! 



Just another Oslo Fjord picture because it's so pretty


No comments:

Post a Comment