12 January 2012

China #30-40: Happiness


hap·pi·ness

  [hap-ee-nis]  
noun
1.
the quality or state of being happy.
2.
good fortune; pleasure; contentment; joy.


Being happy means something different to each one of us. 


For me... happiness is family. It's realising how lucky and fortunate I am to have such a wonderful family, spending the last 5 weeks with them has made it hard for me to go back to Sydney! I wish I could shrink them all and bring them back with me, especially my grandparents. x)


My other happiness is food and TV! I thoroughly enjoy sitting like a blob infront of the TV with a table full of junk food keeping me company. I spent the most part of last week watching taiwanese series and immersing myself in make-believe fairytales starring non-existent, perfect characters who are extremely droolworthy!! This habit is not a good one. But I'm not changing it just yet...

All that aside, I think I've had an epiphany! Lol. I have realised, in my days of deep thinking (not), that happiness is not hard to find. It's ironic to think that we were happiest as kids because that's when we had the least to lose... It's the little things in life that get to us, but often it's the little things that we shouldn't be worrying about. We all know it's easy to tell somebody else to smile and walk with their chin up, but when it's your own problem cheering up seems so much harder. :( 


I've realised that when things get tough, its time to take a step back (and a deeep breath) and a good look at the bigger picture, what's really important to you and what are the things that make you happy? Count your many blessings and be thankful for what you have. People should all smile more (especially in china), lol. 


They say good things happen to people who smileeee. :) :) :)  

Here's what I've been up to lately;












1 comment:

  1. hehe I'm sure you'll find much happiness this year :)

    ReplyDelete