02 January 2012

China #19 - 31: To Xiamen and back again


Dear blog, sorry I haven't updated you in almost 2 weeks, I've been busy being lazy and waiting for something exciting to happen so I could blog about it, but nothing exciting's been happening so I'm going to blog about my non-exciting daily life x)

So in the last 2 weeks, I've been to Xiamen and done some shopping- mainly for butter and cheese and baking ingredients... I was so excited to see butter and cheese cause I really wanted to bake stuff and there weren't any ingredients in my hometown. Anyway, I quite liked it there. It was almost like an asian version of Sydney, like a more asian version of Sydney. We went to this cafe for lunch one day, it looked really nice from the outside, kinda like the cafes you see in taiwanese series, kinda like the one below but nicer. (I didn't take a photo cause I didn't feel like it at the time)

(random picture from goo0o0ogle)

I was expecting really nice food, really nice NON ASIAN FOOD, but I was sorely disappointed when I looked through the menu and they only had all these weird asian dishes. I turned to the 'Coffees' section, hoping to try their coffees, but all I found under the Coffee menu was more asian dishes. x( I felt mislead and confused!
On the bus back from Xiamen, the line is a really long bridge hehe.

Moving onnnnn.....since I have so much spare time at the moment I decided to pick up another hobby, drawing with pastels! It was such an awkward experience when I went to buy this packet of oil pastels at the local stationery shop. The shop owners had a baby sitting in the corner of the shop, it was bald and it kept making these funny hiccuping noises.Anyway so as I was about to pay, I felt as though I should say something to break the ice cause it was so awkward having a lady follow me around and glare at me as I touched all her pens, so I told them that their son was cute! Then there was an awkward moment where the father looked up at me and said, 'It's a girl....'  Then the shop lady asked me how old I was, I said I was 3rd year uni. She then looked at my colouring stuff and papers and asked if I was buying a gift for somebody, I said these were for myself... and then replied with an awkward 'oh...'.


                                                   
Testing out my oil pastels- Portrait of my grandpa <3

Addicted to these lollies

I felt like Christmas and New Year came and went so quickly ... I remember how I used to get so excited when it was Christmas! I guess that's one of the downsides of growing up, things seem less exciting. : ( I spent my Christmas in Xiamen, making pizza for my cousins! I spent New Years day back in my hometown baking eggtarts lol! 


Yayyyyyyyy Pretty Eggtart flower!

Oh I forgot to mention that I spent NYE visiting my aunt's kindergarten (she's a teacher there). IT'S A FREAKING HUGEEE KINDY! For kids up to 6 or 7... it's so nice there. So much wasted dead space though, they have all these hugeee unused spaces for little kids to run around in lol. If I was a kid there I would never want to leave.

Their playground
I went to play on the playground and some cheeky little boy comes up to me and goes, 'This playground is for  children, not for adults. hmph.'

They even have little pretty flower thingies at the bottom of the columns!

This is the entrance foyer


View from the Roof 

Play stations!!!

Their classrooms- they have beds in their classes :'( For naptime :) 

Another play station

Fish tank! My aunt told me these fishes dont get fed much so they won't grow, lol T_T

Another play station!

Argh little kids have it so good. Lol. Anyway that about sums up my last 2 weeks.

 WISHING EVERYBODY A HAPPY 2012! 

Oh and I want to leave you with this song, it's so bittersweet but very lovely.






1 comment:

  1. Hi chloeeeee hehe your adventures sound fun lol surprisingly i'm finding it very boring in spain (maybe cause i'm on a tour with old boring people) hehe your drawing is amazing tooo and egg tarts look tasty! not so long till i can see youa gain <3

    ReplyDelete