20 January 2015

exchange #3 lund, the beginning

Everyone says exchange is incredibly fun- which I have no doubt it will be. Nobody really said anything about how staying alive on your own in a completely new country is also incredibly terrifying!

It has been a hectic 3 days. Arrived in Copenhagen airport on the morning of the 11th and caught the train to Lund. The good thing about arriving on the set arrival day was the many student mentors from Lund University who were extremely helpful and helped the new students to their varying accommodations. Arrive on arrival day!

My home for now, Ostra Torn (pronounced Oooostra toorn) is so damn eerie because of the large space of the student housing block in a country setting and the few students that currently occupy it. I think many students have yet to move in (I sure hope so because at the moment it's kinda scary. It's almost always dark here so that makes it worse). The apartment itself is very nice, complete with a kitchen and bathroom. If you're reading this and deciding whether or not to apply for Ostra Torn through LU Accommodation, I would recommend you think about whether you prefer a nice living space or location. I didn't apply for Ostra Torn but was put here anyway- still can't decide whether I like it or not... will let you know at the end of it all.

Behold, there is is! My very own studio flat with a bathroom and kitchen. Super spacy and comfy.









3 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm a student who'd be moving to Oates torn very soon. How did you like the place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Was it ok to let friends stay overnight?

    ReplyDelete