12 December 2011

China #14: nostalgia

Spending some time here is bringing back a lot of bittersweet memories. I visited my grandparents old house, the one where i grew up in, it hasn't changed much but it feels so empty and hollow now because nobody lives there anymore since the architecture is too old and no longer 'safe'. I took some photos, but unfortunately I still haven't been able to override the great firewall problem on my laptop so I'll have to share them later. I barely recognize the streets and people, i don't have many (any) friends here lol. :( it's really nice spending this time with my family though. Strange enough I feel right at home, its great not caring about my manners. When I dislike somebody here I just stand and glare. >=| It feels really good to be rude and asian and not be judged, lol..

What have I been up to? Not much, sick and tired, all I really want to do is talk to you guys, but the crappy network connections make it really hard. Vanessa why are we both sick at the same time? I'm feeling hot and can't breathe through my nose ,lol. The stress of the final weeks are catching up with us I think... I wanted to bake today. So I went hunting for ingredients, they don't have anything ! No icing sugar, no butter, no cream... Oh and i have no oven, well a tiny toaster one but that doesn't count, lol.

Ooh Marie I dreamt of u last night! We were in our school uniforms walking to school from kogarah station and I was late so u were waiting for me and then we were both late for maths in period one. It feels like a lifetime ago since we actually went to school. :(

Some random pics.

Chloe

1 comment:

  1. hehe i miss you lots and lots chloe!! i'm sick too... i sound a bit like a man and my voice breaks heheehe :) I had my last shift at JChoo yesterday and working for my parents starting today! not really doing much though =D the weather here is AWFUL but definitely not as cold as china :) it's so good to be able to read about what you're doing hehe <3

    ReplyDelete