03 December 2011

China #3: its snowing!!!!!!!!!

Interesting fact learnt today: Beijing is 16 times larger than hong kong.
( hehe hi Vanessa!)

Also, HAppy BIRTHDAY MARIEEE!!!!!!!! Sending you my love from the land of coldness. Hope you have a fantastic 21st!! love you muchly hehe <3

6am morning call :( Today we visited the emperial palace and it was snowing, I was soooooooo excited at first !! But got sick of the snow pretty quickly once it started to freeze me alive. I have never spent so long in the snow, it didnt take long for my fingers and toes to lose feeling despite wearing two pairs of pants and four layers.

The most challenging moment today I think would have to be squatting to pee in the dark with a door that wouldn't stay closed - such an awkward experience.

But I have to say, the emperial palace is bloody gorgeous ! It is so beautiful inside. The architecture is amazing, the detailing and structure - o.m.g. People of the past are amazing! I wonder how they managed to build something so incredible without any technology. Unfortunately the snow made it harder to appreciate, but I would definitely want to come back again. You should totally visit if you get a chance to, it's so worth it.

We also went for a tea tasting session- very interesting. Except the sales people kept pressuring us to buy afterwards, I felt bad for not buying anything :( They looked pretty pissed by the end hahaha.

Better photos once I upload them from my camera !

After dinner we went to a theatre to watch a martial arts / ballet performance, they had a candy bar with delicious smelling popcorn. Oh my goodness their bodies..... !! : | incredibly sculpted lololol. X) too bad photos of the show were forbidden :(

Oh and on the way home I saw a 'ligarettes, wine and whiskey' store hehe.

That's all for today, goodnight!

Lurve from Chloe

2 comments:

  1. hehe i see youve been having fun in chilaahhh! KEEP WARM CHLOE ! <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowowow hehehe i miss you lots already! Stay safe and warm <3

    ReplyDelete