03 December 2011

China #2: Beijing

Oh man it is freeeeezing!! It was so hard to imagine it being cold here when Sydney was 30 degrees the day i left.

The weather is so cold here, it's dry and the wind chills through my clothes lol. Everyone looks like a meatball cause of the layers they're wearing. People are generally really...Asian....

Lol, nobody seems to smile :( customer service sucks lol.. but, the food here is AMAZING! Omg I'm salivating thinking about my lunch. Authentic Beijing Peking duck, so GOOD!!! But I have a feeling I'll be eating lots of that in the next few days... Will most certainly gain some extra insulation hehe x)

one of those plastic bin buckets in a toilet cubicle caught fire today in the restaurant- at first I was like omg what they have a mini fireplace in the toilet behind your butt as you squat down to pee...? Talk about getting your ass roasted. And then this Asian lady came and used a mop to put out and push all the melted plastic and fire embers down the toilet... It was awkward watching, All I could think about was how bad that was gonna clog the toilet lol.

The roads are huge and traffic is crazy. People drive like maniacs x.x We went to this really big shopping centre today, it is so confusing inside. I think 12 elevators for six storeys- not sure If they're all necessary though :/

All in all a good start. :)

Love from Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment